Think You’re Cut Out to Be An Entrepreneur? Take This Quiz
When you’re an entrepreneur, you call the shots and live by your own rules. This freedom is one of the main reasons many want to start their own business. But with this freedom comes responsibility, and not everybody's cut out for that.
Want to be an entrepreneur? Let this quiz help you decide!
1. You can't wait for someone else to tell you what to do when you're an entrepreneur. But, if you naturally take the lead, motivate yourself (and others!), and stay on task, you may have the essential qualities of an entrepreneur.
2. Were you the kid always finding something to sell to boost your allowance? Are you the type of person who is always wheeling, dealing with, and hooking up your friends? If so, you've already got the makings of an entrepreneur.
3. If you're always coming up with new ideas and plans (and acting on them!), this will help you achieve entrepreneurial success. Entrepreneurs are inventors. They create new things the world needs.
4. Entrepreneurs wake up hungry to provide value to their target audience. This passion provides the motivation it takes to keep innovating, even when things get tough.
5. Do you have trouble taking "no" for an answer? When that happens, do you feel frustrated that the other person doesn't see the value you're offering? This is an excellent mindset because you’ll face challenges during your journey and must be persistent.
6. How do you view failures and setbacks? If you recognize that even the worst mistake can provide a valuable lesson, you’re on your way to becoming a successful innovator and entrepreneur.
7. Positivity is what helps entrepreneurs push through and succeed. They see everything as an opportunity and keep going in the face of adversity.
8. There’s always risk involved in any business venture. You’ll have to face risk often and not let it derail you.
9. Entrepreneurs need to be in the know about their audience, their business, and their industry. Knowledge is power when it comes to running a business. This trait will come in handy if you're the type of person who absorbs information.
10. To be successful in business, clear and courteous communication is essential. You must effectively communicate your ideas – one-on-one, in a group setting, and writing. It would help if you also listened to others, so you could learn from them, acknowledge their point of view, and meet their needs.
How did you do? If you didn’t say “yes” to every question, don’t worry. People aren't born entrepreneurs. To become one, there are several skills you need to learn. But it's something anyone can do with enough persistence and motivation.